Monday, August 1, 2011

Highlights of the Northwest

I made a list at the beginning of the summer of my "Seattle Bucket List" Hikes are one thing that just wont ever get crossed off as there are just so many beautiful trails in the area. Last week, a friend and I took a morning hike up Little Si, it was green and beautiful and a great view when we reached the peak. Nature is one of God's greatest gifts to mankind.


Today was a practically perfect day, woke up, went for a run, hot shower, PB and banana sammy for breakfast, good study time, clean the bathroom, vacuum the apt, then the fun stuff starts. Another one of my bucket list items was to go berry picking. So my roommate and I took off to the blueberry farm. MMMM these blueberries were so delightful and fresh! Then we came back and hit up the pool, read a little, napped a little, swam a little. It has been so relaxing. I just have to remember these days on yucky rain or work days.


2 comments:

Greg said...

How fun to pick blueberries! I've been dying to learn how to grow them, but I hear they don't do so well in Utah. Mmmmm, what a lovely day and hike!

Cami said...

Hey! I'm so glad to see that you are enjoying the Northwest and having a great time. I think about you often and am thankful for your blog so I can keep up to date on you :) Let me know if your ever in Utah I would love to get together! And know that I'm praying for you! You'll end up staying or going where ever is the best :) Love ya!