Thursday, November 10, 2011

Live true to your heart

This is hard to do. There are so many outside influences and distractions, it is often hard to know exactly what our true selves desires. I feel like I have been in quite a transitional stage trying to find exactly where I should be and what to commit to. I have been wandering looking for a good job, and have moved residential locations approx 6 or more times already this year (is it sad that I have lost track?!) Well I have been trying to take my own advice and start taking control of my life and commit to the things that truly make me happy. I have always felt that true joy comes in simply living.

So finally I have made a little bit of progress to make my life as simply wonderful and wonderfully simple as I believe it can and should be.

I committed to moving to Salt Lake and found a job. I signed a FULL year contract (this is huge for me) it is simple and perfect and I am living with my bestest bud ever, Breckann. She is such a dear friend and it is such a blessing to have her still single to be my roomey!

I committed to dance, I tried doing some Physical Therapy and Nutrition things over the last few months, but I feel like the dance jobs are what will make me feel like I am actually contributing to society.

I committed am ever committed to the gospel, with all of my transitions, what a blessing a gospel foundation has been!

I committed to living each day. Since I quit my job last week, I have had the best days ever! I have been able to serve and uplift others in the ward and area. I have been able to enjoy my surroundings. I have been able to enjoy people. Now, I am not saying everyone should go out and quit their job on a whim, there is stress that comes with the insecurity. But there is so much value in taking time to reevaluate your life. I am trying spend my time doing thing that matter. Time seems to multiply what we cherish it and treat it well. I am striving to enjoy the outdoors more, friends, family, cooking, and peaceful moments to listen to the spirit and feel God's love. This has allowed me to spend more time sitting by rivers, actually feeling the breeze, actually listen to and BE with friends when we are together or conversing. I was able to make real pumpkin from pumpkin. You know like how a pumpkin actually comes before the days of open a can of libby's and add sweetened condensed milk and I even roasted the seeds! mmm, so good. Purely rewarding. I can sit on my porch and watch the sun set. Or run for miles and miles with no idea of what time it is, just run because my body wants to. Read a book, a book I choose and read for pure pleasure. Go to the temple and just saturate myself with the spirit until I am filled, not rushing off to the next activity of the day. Serve, serve because I truly care, not just to report to someone or check it off a list. I know that my life can't always realistically be this way, someday I will have a more work, a family, and stress is just a given. But why not enjoy it for now as it is my reality now.

Take a breathe, give a smile, and count your many blessings.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Phew! It's been awhile since ive caught up on your blog. Your apartment looks great! You are so amazing Nicole. You are so optimistic and so willing to take things in stride. You look happy and that's what counts. We love you!

Shannon said...

I love your wisdom and pursuit of righteous desires, Nicole. Thank you for being my dear friend and taking the time to listen and comfort me. There is an update on things - a good update. Will you be around for lunch tomorrow? I have plans to have lunch with Breckann... Hopefully you get this! LOVE YOU!

April said...

you are awesome!

Katie and Greg said...

That is so cool! Do you know one of my bucket list dreams is to make a pumpking pie from scratch - but i want to even grow it too! I bet it was delicious! I loved this post!