Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Real Living

After the REAL Christmas tree, I was inspired to make REAL butternut squash soup...oh what a sucker I am for the seasonal vegetables. And it was so easy!

Butternut Squash Soup (Vegan-adapted from www.instructable.com)
5 lbs Butternut Squash - I bought a gigantic 5lb one, you may need to buy 2-3 smaller ones.
4 cups Vegetable Broth (optional or replaced with water or almond/soy/coconut milk)
4 cups Water
1 Onion
2 Potatoes (optional)
Olive Oil (1/4 cup)
Nutmeg
Salt
Pepper
Serves 8

Peel and chop squash and potatoes (I don't really love potatoes so I just put squash in my soup) boil until soft (or squash can be put directly into oven whole or cut in half for about an hour at 400 degrees). Saute onions and oil. Combine cooked Squash and Onions simmer then puree with blender.MMMMmmmmmmmm

No comments: